Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wordless Wednesday: The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

35 years ago, 29 crew members were lost in Lake Superior, Michigan on November 10 1975.

A famous tribute song to the Edmund Fitzgerald was written and performed by singer Gordon Lightfoot.

Every year at the Mariner's Church on the Detroit River, the bell is rung twenty-nine times in honor of each lost crew member. The memorial service also reminds people of the beauty and power of Lake Superior.

Posted via email from The DSpot Redeux Blog

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't alive when this happened, but when I was little, I was so fascinated with this ship for whatever reason after my mom told me about it. I'd head to the Dossin Museum a lot and actually this spurred my interest in other shipwrecks like the Titanic and Lusitania.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Your email address will not be shown or shared!
Due to overwhelming spam comments, this comment forum will now be moderated. No more "anonymous" comments will be allowed.